Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Spokane? As a general rule, you have three significant sectors of your property for video surveillance: your front door, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer will be able to suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Although it might seem absurd that a burglar would attempt to casually enter through primary entrance, 34% of break-ins happen at the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to tackle these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you can chat with all guests who walk up and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to every ring with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. In the event someone does try to do something questionable, you will have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence can be a daunting undertaking. Luckily, there are some useful tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Spokane home provide an impressive viewing angle, as you can see two parts of your property.
- Right under an eave or straight into a piece of trim or siding are ideal locations for cameras as they will be partially concealed by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for burglars than you might believe!
- Overlooking a back porch or sliding door -- or any entrance not visible from the road.
For each installation, be sure to cut back any brush and branches that may block your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Most From Your Interior Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Spokane. However, the added versatility means you have other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine from a window can cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: Similar to a guard tower, a security camera positioned in a high place will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your devices in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t tamper with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best security camera won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant blocking the view. On the other hand, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to hide your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Just call (509) 240-8651 or fill out the form on this page to get started.