How Can Geofencing In Spokane Work With A Home Security System?
The latest smart security options are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to do simple security chores like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to worry about these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Spokane, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Spokane For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your property, which you can customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices use to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can set up a virtual “fence” around your house and assign what actions you want to take place as you go past the boundary.
For example, when you exit your property, you may program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are some of the components you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in Spokane. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Make your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable the security system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Spokane
Whether you seek additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (509) 240-8651 or submit the form below to get started on your perfect security system.