Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of tools all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these features enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Spokane.
How To Set Up Your Spokane Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your security cameras is placing them in the proper areas around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally offer you a clear scene of your front door, drive, and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that aren’t quite as important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Secrecy for you and your visitors ought to be a major regard prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Spokane. The innovations shown below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your smart device anytime abnormal motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to start filming when motions are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to guests with the camera. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at any space. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Spokane is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (509) 240-8651 or submit the form below to start building your security system today.