What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Spokane
You know you need to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your family and is where you keep your belongings. But what kind of home security is right for you? Figuring out if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary considerations you must make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Spokane and see what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring team that is set to act at a moment’s notice. When a window sensor triggers or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring professionals are issued a notification immediately. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you have to respond to remedy the situation. This choice is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Spokane
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: When you get tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be superior to what you will come across yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless people prefer to have the job taken care of by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Spokane
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be a benefit as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation charge. Other people might prefer going with an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You can install devices when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find assembling into a seamless system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your system. If an urgent situation arises, you’re in control of getting help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation will generate added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the only one in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Spokane
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Spokane from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best option for your family. Dial (509) 240-8651 today to customize your package.